The Mission Newsletter, 10/15/18
“A society grows great when people plant trees whose shade they will never sit in.” -Greek Proverb
A Little Sneak Peak…
Here’s a little preview of the artwork for our new podcast dropping later today! 🎉🎉
Did you hear???
We are giving away a brand new MacBook! 🎉
Enter October’s Giveaway for a chance to win a 12-in MacBook and $300 Apple app store credit! The contest ends at the end of the month, so be sure to toss your name into the hat now!
News that Matters
– Scientists are worried that many of the beneficial microbes that inhabit people’s bodies are being eradicated by antibiotics and processed diets.
– Mentoring has been shown to be one of the most effective ways to find success in work and in life. But how do you find a mentor? And what exactly will one do for you? Answers here.
– Amtrak is finally making some improvements on the rails. The company unveiled new state-of-the-art, 4,400 horsepower locomotives called Chargers.
– Free, ad-supported streaming apps are continuing to make a dent in the video business.
– There are more than 540,000 open computing jobs, yet fewer than 50,000 computer science majors graduated from college last year. Boot camps such as Codeacademy and nonprofits such as Code.org are trying to fix that.
SIGNAL celebrates the developers, the builders, the innovators, the doers, and the dreamers who are reimagining how the world communicates.
You can also check out SIGNAL for free by getting a Keynote Only Pass.
The Mission is a new kind of media company. We publish stories, videos, and podcasts to help smart people get smarter. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or learn more about us here. We’d love to connect!
The Mission helps mission-driven companies build trust and connect with customers in a new way.
We create custom podcast sponsorships for enterprise companies. To learn more about why companies
Go to Source
Author: The Mission