The Mission Newsletter, 10/25/18
“When it hurts — observe. Life is trying to teach you something.” — Anita Krizzan
How to Build Rome in a Day
The city was in chaos. Fires raged and foreign soldiers rushed through the streets. The invading barbarians destroyed and looted everything.
The citizens were in shock. Once, their home had been the most important city in the world. Now, their city was being sacked for the second time in less than 50 years. After the invaders left, the population was cut in by half. The remaining people gave up and moved elsewhere.
Surely you would guess that this city would be forgotten by history.
But instead, it’s become one of the most visited cities in the world…
(Want more like this? Subscribe to The Future of Cities podcast!)
💻 Need a new laptop? 💻
We’ve got you covered… 😎
Enter October’s Giveaway for a chance to win a 12-in MacBook and $300 Apple app store credit! The contest ends at the end of the month, so be sure to toss your name into the hat now!
News that Matters:
– Bots are replacing doctors thanks to a wave of new AI apps.
– Low valuations in the gaming industry are leading to more interests in mergers such as the one proposed between Caesars Entertainment and billionaire Tilman Fertitta’s Golden Nugget Casinos.
– The key to success is discipline. That means being patient, organized, and being able to deal with the frustrations that you know will come as you climb the ladder.
– A private undersea cable is going to be stretching its way across the Atlantic Ocean when Orange and Google complete the telecom cable that will connect the U.S. to France.
– Walmart is teaming up with entertainment giants to compete with Amazon in the video streaming business.
– The student loan debt crisis is getting worse — and there’s no end in sight.
The Mission is a new kind of media company. We publish stories, videos, and podcasts to help smart people get smarter. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or learn more about us here. We’d love to connect!
he Mission helps mission-driven companies build trust and connect with customers in a new way. We create custom podcast sponsorships for enterprise companies. To learn more about why companies like Salesforce trust us to produce results, connect with our team here.
Go to Source
Author: The Mission