Mission Newsletter, 1/11/19
“Your mind is working at its best when you’re being paranoid. You explore every avenue and possibility of your situation at high speed with total clarity.” -Banksy
The voice bellowed in the dark, “Who’s there?!”
Andris and his best friend, Jancsi, dropped to the ground. Pain shot up Andris’s leg.
When they dropped, his knee hit a stone. He buried his face in the grass to stop from screaming.
Andy was partially deaf, but he could still hear the stern voice.
“WHO’S THERE?!” the voice yelled again.
Andris’s heart pounded in his throat. They were so close to the Austrian border. What had gone wrong? Had they wandered back into Hungary?
Everyone believes certain things to be true. You can trust that, but it’s also on you to verify those truths. Chad and Stephanie challenge you to sharpen your skills at gathering intelligence; not only about you and those close to you, but about industries that are having an impact on everyone’s lives.
“Almost all knowledge we have, or things we recognize as truth, are provisional things. They are not ‘Truths’ with a capital T.”
News That Matters
– Here’s one for you math whizzes out there: Why even the most complex video games are made up of only tiny little triangles. 🕹
– SpaceX’s shiny new Starship looks like the standard spaceship we all drew when were 8. 🚀
– “Boredom speaks the language of time, and it is to teach you the most valuable lesson in your life… the lesson of your utter insignificance.” –In Praise of Boredom, Again
– What is college worth and how should you pay for it? Tonio Desorrento, CEO of Vemo Education, has some thoughts. 🎓
– That flat screen of yours taking up too much space? Probably not… but LG’s made a solution anyway. Check out their groundbreaking roll-up TV. 📺
– As technology advances, what can we expect from cybersecurity in the future? Learn more about the state of cybersecurity in our interview with Ken Gonzalez, Managing Director at NightDragon Security.
– What we are rereading: Dune by Frank Herbert:
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”
– #FridayFunday: This how we get podcast recording done while traveling… 🚽🤣
Mission.org is a new kind of a media company. We publish stories, videos, and podcasts to help smart people get smarter. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or learn more about us here. We’d love to connect!
Mission.org helps mission-driven companies build trust and connect with customers in a new way. We create custom podcast sponsorships for enterprise companies. To learn more about why companies like Salesforce trust us to produce results, connect with our team here.
Go to Source
Author: The Mission